A nice, simple, recipe today, Chocolate Brownies. These are very easy to make and have a lovely, rich, chocolate flavour, with a crunch top and a moist insides.
The problem with these is that you rather want to eat one each time you have a cup of tea. If you drink as much tea as I do you could rather overdo your sugar intake if you eat too many.
- 140g/5oz dark chocolate
- 225g/8oz butter
- 5 free-range eggs
- 450g/1lb caster sugar
- 110g/4oz plain flour
- 55g/2oz cocoa powder
- Heat the oven to 190C/375F/Gas 5. Line a 20x30cm/8x12in baking tin with baking parchment.
- Gently melt the butter and the sugar together in a large pan.
- Take off the heat and beat in the rest of the ingredients.
- Turn into the baking tin and bake for 30-40 minutes until the top of the brownie is firm but the inside still feels soft.
- Take out of the oven and cool in the tin. Cut into 5cm/2in squares when cool. Perfect with a cup of tea.