I thought I would try to come up with a little concoction, very simple, but hopefully quite tasty. Just some flour, butter, sugar and oats, to make some biscuits, similar to hob nobs.
Some spare glace moreno cherries, quartered and popped in the middle of each biscuit should give an extra hit of flavour during eating.
They taste delicious and simply melt on the tongue, so they are very more-ish, be careful.
This mixture will make 12 large biscuits, you can reduce the size of the balls you roll, to make 18 quite good sized ones.
- 125g butter
- 95g sugar
- 160g sr flour
- 1 egg yolk
- 1/2 tsp of vanilla extract,
- 40g porridge oats plus extra to sprinkle on top
- quartered moreno glace cherries, one quarter for each biscuit
- Preheat the oven to 190c/170c fan/Gas Mark 3
- Cream the butter and sugar together
- Add the egg yolk and vanilla extract and mix in
- Add the flour and mix in
- Add the oats and mix in
- Take about 34 grams of mixture each time and roll into a ball
- Place on a greased baking sheet and flatten slightly
- Sprinkle extra rolled oats on top
- Place a quartered glace cherry in the middle of each
- Place the baking sheet in the oven and bake for 15-20 minutes, until the biscuits are a golden brown.