I do love golden syrup and those nice people at Lyle who make the most popular brand in the UK, have some very nice recipes on their website. I opted to try the cupcake recipe, since it is very straightforward and promised to be simply delicious.You can see the original recipe here. Or you can read it below, as I did it.
It is all very easy, particularly if you have a stand mixer or a hand mixer. But it can also be done by hand with a mixing bowl and a spoon.
My attempt turned out very well indeed, and the taste of the light sponge, with a slight taste of golden syrup perfectly fits with the soft buttercream frosting. I highly recommend these cupcakes.
Of course if you are unable to get golden syrup you can use corn syrup or make golden syrup yourself, which is very easy, using just water, sugar and a couple of slices of lemon. There is an easy to follow recipe for that on Food .com.
Golden Syrup Cupcakes Video
- 185g (6½oz) unsalted butter, softened
- 3 tbsp golden syrup
- 150g (5oz) golden caster sugar
- 185g (6½oz) self-raising flour
- 3 large eggs, at room temperature
- 2 tbsp milk
- 110g (4oz) unsalted butter, softened
- 200g (7oz) icing sugar
- 2 tbsp golden syrup + extra for drizzling
- Preheat the oven to 180°C/160° Fan, 350°F, Gas 4 while you combine the butter, caster sugar, flour, eggs and milk together in a bowl. Beat with a mixer until soft and creamy.
- Divide the mixture between paper cases in a 12-hole muffin tin and bake on the middle shelf for 20-25 minutes until well risen and golden brown (and they spring back when lightly pressed with a finger). Transfer the cupcakes to a wire rack to cool while you make the buttercream.
- Plonk the butter in a bowl, sift over the icing sugar and mix until soft, then add the golden syrup and milk and stir it smooth.
- Transfer to a piping bag fitted with a star nozzle and decorate the cakes with a swirl of butter cream.
- You’re ready to just drizzle over a little golden syrup, lightly dust with icing sugar and serve away.
Thank you a lot for providing individuals with a very spectacular possibility to read critical reviews from this site.
Iron ext Syrup