I saw a recipe for something I had never considers, a chocolate avocado mousse. So that set me off checking on the internet for further recipes for such mousse. There were a number of recipes that I checked, and all were very similar. I came up with mine based on most of those.
It is very simple, and easy to make, and requires no baking. In fact it can be made in about 15 minutes from start to finish and results in a rich chocolate mousse, with the mellow background flavour of avocado.
I recommend this to anyone who would like to try a different way of making mousse.
Mine turned out very well, it tastes delicious and is great with some fresh raspberries.
- 2 ripe avocados
- 100g dark chocolate
- 2 tbsp cocoa powder
- 2 tbsp coconut milk(any milk is ok)
- 2 tbsp golden syrup(or honey, agarve, corn syrup)
- 1 tsp vanilla bean paste
- Cut the avocados in half and remove the flesh(I got 220g of flesh).
- Place the flesh into a food processor.
- Add all the other ingredients.
- Blitz until all are combined into a smooth paste.
- Divide into to ramekins dishes, or similar, and chill in the refrigerator.