I recently bought some Passion Fruit Curd, which was delicious, so I decided to make some myself adn see how it turned out. Mine tastes great too, so I just had to make some tart cases to use the curd in. Since I didn’t have enough curd to fill 12 mini tart cases I used some shop bought lemon curd to fill the remainder.
My pastry is a very easy, shortcrust, on. Simply process the ingredients until they just begin to form a dough. Then rest it in the fridge before rolling out. Another rest after rolling and placing in the tart tin. Then blind bake it and you are ready to fill with the delicious curd of your choice.
Nothing could be easier, and the lovely, buttery pastry goes so well with almost any curd.
So give this one a try.
- 300g plain flour
- 125g cold butter cut into cubes
- 30g caster sugar
- 1 medium egg(large in USA)
- 2 tbsp cold milk.
- 200g Passion Fruit Curd
- 200g Lemon Curd(or you can use any flavours you want.
- Place the flour, sugar and butter into a food processor and process until it has formed a breadcrumb-like texture.
- Add the egg a pulse to combine.
- Add 2 tbsp cold milk and keep pulsing until the dough begins to clump(if necessary add a little more milk).
- Remove from the processor and form into a ball
- Wrap in plastic wrap and chill for 30 minutes.
- Take a 12 hole bun tin, or any tin, including muffin pan.
- Cut the pastry dough into 12 equal pices and roll out to line each hole in the tin.
- Prick the base of the pastry.
- Line with aluminium foil and place in the fridge for another 30 minutes.
- Trim off any excess, carefullyPreheat the oven to 180C/160C Fan/350 F.
- Fill each hole of the lined tin with baking beans(or something like rice).
- Bake in the oven for 10 to 15 minutes, until the pastry has begun to turn golden brown.
- Remove from the oven and remove the beans and foil.
- Trim off any excess pastry, but do it carefully. If it doesn’t come off easily leave it alone.
- Place the pastry back in the oven to finish baking to a nice golden brown, about 10 minutes.
- Remove from the oven and allow to cool completely.
- Fill each of the pastry cases with curd and level off.
- Decorate with blueberries if you wish.
- Then serve.