I had some almond butter in my fridge and was keen to use it up so I came up with this recipe. It is for a no-bake bar(or cookie) that can be made with as few as 3 ingredients. For mine though I used more, since I wanted to add some different textures and flavours. So I included some caramel chocolate chips, chopped almonds and moist flaked coconut.
The recipe is very simple indeed since all that is required is to mix all the ingredients together and then to place into an 8 inch (20cm) square tin which has been lined with parchment paper, and level it all off. Then it needs to be chilled before cutting into bars. An alternative is simply to take the mixed ingredients and shape equal amounts into balls and flatten out to make them look like cookies. Then those need to be chilled too.
So all is very simple and the resultant bar/cookies are very tasty indeed, nice and chewy with the texture of the oats, and additional ingredients. They are very good for snacking, and extremely moreish.
Any type of nut butter could be used, such as peanut. For additional ingredients you could also vary those from what I used, raisins, cookie pieces, pine nuts etc would all be good.
- 240ml(1 cup) almond butter
- 120ml(1/2 cup) maple syrup(or golden syrup)
- 165g(2 cups) rolled oats
- 25g(1/4 cup) flaked or dessicated coconut
- 30g(1/4 cup) roughly chopped almonds
- 75g(1/4 cup) caramel chocolate chips(or white, milk, dark).
- Place the almond butter and syrup into a large bowl and mix together until all combined(if the butter is very thick and hard to mix heat gently in a microwave for a few seconds).
- Mix the oats, chocolate chips, coconut and almonds together and add into the wet mixture.
- Mix until all is combined well.
- Place the mixture into a lined 8 inch(20cm) square tin and spread out across the base, trying ensure that the top is level.
- Chill in the fridge for at least an hour, until it has firmed up.
- Remove from the tin and peel off the lining paper.
- Cut into squares or bars, of the size you wish( I cut 6 lengths and then 3 widths to make 18 bars).
- Store in an airtight container, in the fridge, until required.