I recently came across Avalanche Bars, or squares as I would call them. These are a no-bake bar which are very tasty indeed. I checked a few recipes, all of which seemed to be pretty much the same, using rice krispies, white chocolate, peanut butter, mini marshmallows and dark or milk chocolate chips.
So with just a few ingredients these are very simple to make and would be ideal to make with small children who would love to do all the mixing, I am sure.
The white chocolate is melted, and mixed with the peanut butter before being added to the rice krispies to be mixed together. Then the chocolate chips and mini marshmallows are mixed in as well. The whole thing is then pressed into a 9 inch(23 cm) square tin(though a smaller one will be fine too) and more chocolate chips pressed into the top. Then it is left to set firm before cutting into squares or bars.
So not much work at all and the resultant bars are crunchy as well as creamy to the taste. They are not overly sweet and could easily be made into cookies instead of bars by scooping mounds onto parchment paper and allowing to set.
- 340g(2 cups) white chocolate chips(or chunks).
- 65g (1/4 cup) peanut butter
- 65g(1 1/2 cups) mini marshmallows
- 95g(3 cups) rice krispies
- 60g(6 tbps) mini chocolate chips – dark or milk
- 20g(2 tbsp) mini chocolate chips – dark or milk for the top.
- Grease a 9×9 inch cake tin(or line with parchment paper)
- Melt the white chocolate in a microwave in short bursts, stirring each time, until melted.
- Stir in the peanut butter until fully combined.
- In a large bowl place the rice krispies and pour in the white chocolate mix, then stir until fully combined.
- Add the chocolate chips and mini marshallows and stir until fully combined.
- Tip the mixture into the cake tin and spread evenly across the base. Then press down to compact.
- Sprinkle the remaining chocolate chips onto the top and press those down too.
- Leave to firm up completely.
- Remove from the tin and cut into square of the size you wish(I did 16 squares).