Everyone seems to love a good quickbread muffin. This version is for a delicious orange muffin. As ever time is not an issue when making muffins. It takes less than an hour to make a good muffin.
I had to use up some oranges, so decided to make this recipe. I have made them previously, but I haven’t posted them on my blog. So today seemed just the right time for such a post.
Although the recipe is very simple you can make some additions. Chocolate matches so well with orange. So, maybe, add in some chocolate chips. Or maybe some desiccated coconut, which would work very well. You could even make a quick glaze, heating sugar and orange juice, and brush that over the top.
So perhaps use this as a base recipe, to which you can adjust to personal preference.
I was very pleased with how my muffins turned out. They baked, and rose, well. The taste was perfect. Not too sweet. They rose well and had a great texture.
If you enjoy muffins you might like Cherry, Lemon & Coconut Muffins
Orange Muffins – Quick & EasyCourse: SnackCuisine: cakesDifficulty: easy
220G(1 1/2 cups mins 1 tsp, based on scooping packed flour into 250ml cup) plain flour
110g(1 stick minus a scant tsp) softened unsalted butter
100g(1/2 cup) caster sugar
2 large eggs(XL in USA) eggs.
12g(3 tsp) baking powder
5ml (1 tsp) vanilla extract
3g(1/2 tsp) salt
zest from 2 oranges
120ml(1/2 cup) orange juice
- Preheat the oven to 180C/160C Fan/350F
- Line a muffin pan with baking cases
- Place the butter and sugar into a large bowl and cream them together.
- Add the egss, one at a time, and whisk into the mixture.
- Add the orange zest, orange juice and vanilla extract and whisk again until fully combined
- Mixt the baking powder and salt into the flour.
- Add that dry mixture into the wet mixture and stir to fold in until fully combined.
- Spoon the mixture into the 12 baking cases, in equal amounts.
- Bake the muffins in the oven until they have risen to the top of the cases, browned on top and have cracked a little. Test them with a skewer. If it comes out clean take them out of the oven.
- Allow to cool on a wire rack.