These Perfect Banana Oatmeals Muffins are exactly that. They are quick to make and there are not too many ingredients. Obviously, from the title, bananas and oats star in these muffins. But I have included two other ingredients to give extra pep to the muffins. Those are speculaas spice and crystallised ginger. But I do stress that including them is optional. If you don’t care for those ingredients you can replace them with some chopped nuts or chocolate chips, or you can omit them completely. If you wish for some spice but don’t have speculaas spice you can use whatever you prefer, such as cinnamon, nutmeg, pumpkin spice etc.
As with all muffins these are quick and easy. Just mix together the dry ingredients. Do the same with the wet ingredients. Combine them without over-mixing. Then divide equally into 12 muffin cups. The final step is to bake the muffins.
My muffins came together very well. Indeed it would be hard to get anything wrong since they are so simple.
Then they baked perfectly too, rising well in the middle to create a dome. The taste and texture were simply wonderful. The sweetness of the ripe banana, mixed with the gently warming spices and the hit of ginger too, worked so well with the texture provided by the oats.
These muffins are great at any time. So they are good for a quick and easy breakfast, taken as a lunchtime treat, or just as a snack.
Another quick and easy recipe, particularly with the approach of Christmas is Christmas Flapjacks – Quick & Easy.
Perfect Banana Oatmeal MuffinsCourse: MuffinsDifficulty: Easy
260g(1 cup) mashed ripe banana
180g(1 cup _3 tbsp, based on scooping packed flour into a 250ml cup) bread flour (plain flour will work well too)
150g(1 1/2 cups) oats
130g(2/3 cup, packed) light brown sugar
2 medium eggs(large in USA)
160ml(2/3 cup) milk
80ml(1/3 cup) vegetable oil
6g(1 1/2 tsp) baking powder
2g(1/2 tsp) baking soda
3g(1/2 tsp) salt
3g(tsp) speculaas spice, or any spice(optional)
35g(3 tbsp) crystallised ginger, finely chopped(optional)
5ml(1 tsp) vanilla extract
20g( 1 1/2 tbsp) demerara sugar, to sprinkle
- Preheat the oven to 190C/170C Fan/375F.
- Line a 12 hole muffin pan with paper cases, or grease the cups.
- Place the flour, oats, baking powder, baking soda, speculaas spice, salt and sugar into a large bowl and mix to evenly distribute.
- In another bowl mix the oil, milk, eggs, vanilla extract and banana until fully combined.
- Add the crystallised ginger and mix again.
- Pour the wet ingredients into the dry ingredients and mix until just combined.
- Scoop the batter into the muffin cases until evenly distributed.
- Sprinkle demerara sugar over the top of the batter and add a few oats too, if desired.
- Bake the muffins for 20 minutes, until they have risen well and a skewer poked into the centre comes out clean. All them to cool in the pan for a few minutes then transfer to a wire rack to cool completely.