Velvety Cream Cheese Loaf Cake is similar to a Madeira Cake, but with a softer texture. It is easy to make too. 85g of cream cheese is used in the recipe to give a lovely tender crumb. It compliments the butter so well too.
As with most loaf cakes, or quick breads, this is a simple recipe. Once mixed together you place the ingredients into a loaf pan.
So, very little effort is required. But that is not all. This cake can be varied to include some dried fruits too for those who wish to.
The ingredients required are not too exhaustive either. Just butter, cream cheese, sugar, flour and eggs are the main ingredients. Then some flavouring, vanilla and almond extract, as well as some baking powder and salt.
Baked at a slightly lower temperature than most cakes allows this loaf cake to retain a moist texture too.
My Loaf Cake
My cake baked for 80 minutes. I poked a skewer into the centre and it came out clean. So I removed the cake from the oven. I left it in the loaf pan for 10 minutes before transferring it to a rack for cooling.
Then I sliced the cake and had a taste. It had a light and moist texture and was so full of flavour. This is simply a perfect cake to enjoy with a cup of tea or coffee in the afternoon. But it is also perfect to serve with some fruit and cream as a dessert too.
Another lovely loaf cake is Moist Coconut Pound Loaf Cake.
Velvety Cream Cheese Loaf CakeCourse: CakesDifficulty: Easy
200g(14tbsp) softened unsalted butter
85g(6 tbsp) cream cheese
300g(1 1/2 cups) caster sugar
210g(1 2/3 cups + 1 tbsp, based on scooping packed flour into a 250ml cup) plain flour
4g(1 tsp) baking powder
3g(1/2 tsp) salt
5 medium eggs(large in USA)
10ml(2 tsp) vanilla extract
1.5ml(1/4 tsp) almond extract
- Preheat the oven to 160C/140C Fan/325F.
- Grease a 2lb/900g loaf pan and line the bottom with parchment paper.
- Cream the butter and cream cheese together until pale and fluffy.
- Add the sugar.
- Mix the baking powder and salt into the flour and pour that into the bowl too.
- Mix those ingredients into the butter until fully combined into a thick batter.
- Pour in the vanilla and almond extracts and then add the eggs, one at a time, and mix until fully combined.
- Place the batter into the prepared pan and spread it out to level the top.
- Bake the loaf cake in the oven for 80 to 90 minutes, until it has risen, it will probably split on the top, and is has a lovely brown crust.
- Remove the loaf cake from the oven and leave it in the pan for 10 minutes, then carefully remove it to a wire rack to cool completely.